Thursday, November 20, 2008

Colder Weather = Knitting Season!

It is true, my crafting tendencies are strongly influenced by the seasons. Knitting is for colder weather. Possibly this is due to my amateur-ism when it comes to knitting. I'm still at the scarf/sometimes hat level, and it is hard to want to knit scarves when wearing shorts!

I have completed a couple of knitting projects this season, and have another on the go. Here is my most recent completion; a commissioned project from The Husband. I call it "THE MAN SCARF". Also the first time I have ever changed yarns mid-project (did I mention I am an amateur?).


First project of the season completed was a cute little baby hat (pattern found in Debbie Stoller's "Stitch 'n Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook). I love this pattern - even more fun with varigated yarn (makes it look much more advanced!). It is photographed with another hat I finished at the end of last season in the same yarn. This pattern was also in the same book, but I veered slightly when my needles got flipped close to the top of the hat and it was purled instead of knit. However, I actually really like how it turned out, so I guess I kind of created a new pattern! Yeah for me!


And currently on the needles....

Another scarf, of course! With a ball of crazy whirly yarn I found in the bargain bin. In other craft news, I have been busy with stamping and sewing... I will try and post soon!

No comments: