Friday, August 15, 2008

Everything old is new again....

I'm finally taking the time to post my most recent project, which I am quite proud of. I have been quite anxious to attempt the Kimono pattern posted by Habitual, and have finally done just that! I am quite pleased with the results and cannot wait to make more!


Of course I didn't want to stop there. I needed to complete "the look" and went on the hunt for an idea. After stumbling upon our "old clothing" pile, I dug through and found a shirt my husband no longer wears and has decided to clear out.


The shirt, however, is a favourite of mine and has hardly been worn. Lucky for me, the material was the perfect match to the Kimono shirt. So I quickly whipped up a simply elastic waist skirt for the babe. This was done easily by cutting and using the bottom of the shirt (so that the shirt bottom became the skirt bottom). I sewed the "button up" part of the shirt together and got rid of that evidence - and made that the back of the skirt. A quick flower applique made the outfit complete and made me happy just to look at it.

And doesn't she look sweet in it?

6 comments:

Cheri said...

I'm impressed. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your projects...maybe I'll get inspired to figure out how my sewing machine works.

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely subscribing to this blog! Wow, I love it. You are an amazing photographer to showcase your work. Plus, you have the perfect model.

The Summit Church said...

You are totally inspiring me Adrienne. I actually made a couple of kimonos like yours for Jackson when he was little out of my Mom's old pjs. Great minds think alike!

The Summit Church said...

That was me, Becky who commented. No... Rob did not make a kimono shirt for Jackson.

mayaluna said...

Adrienne- Your choice in patterns (Habitual's or your own), fabrics and colors are fantastic. I love what you're doing! That babe of yours is scrumptious and makes your beautiful clothes even sweeter.

Rae said...

oh so cute! I just tried a kimono top too! Thanks for de-lurking (: