Thursday, September 18, 2008

Buttons and Butterflies

After a few crafty flops, I went back to the old standby - cards. I love choosing just the right paper and how each card ends up being so unique. My latest obsession has been button flowers. The flower stamp is from the Stampin' Up "Nice and Narrow" set - stamped the stem only in varying lengths and topped with my favourite buttons.




I got a bit ambitious this time and made a whole bunch at once, so the cards were made in a few stages. Button flowers first, then matching cardstock and patterned paper, and finally adding butterfly and message accents. Most of these will be used as "thank you" cards.






The butterfly punch is from the Martha Stewart line and I absolutely love it! Again, obsessed. The "Thank You" and "so grateful" message stamps are also from Stampin' Up sets. Here are a few of my favourite cards - either because I love the overall look, or I love the buttons! I think I am well stocked in cards for a while.









1 comment:

Kellie said...

I love the botton flowers! They look great!